About the museum

History

Signe and Ane Gyllenberg founded a medical research foundation in 1948. The importance of art grew within the foundation when Ane decided to donate his extensive art collection to the foundation in 1966. The idea was to display the collection to the general public, followed by the idea of building a museum attached to their home.

The museum is situated in Signe and Ane’s former home, which was designed by Matti Finell. The extension to the villa was built in 1955.

The extension to the house, the art gallery, was inaugurated in 1980 and designed by Ålander – Packalén – Korsström Architects, Per-Mauritz Ålander as the head architect. Per Mauritz-Ålander has worked for Alvar Aalto.

Both Signe and Ane passed away in 1977. Villa Gyllenberg was officially inaugurated in December 1980.

Villa Gyllenberg opening hours

Wed 15—19
Sun 12—16

Group bookings by e-mail

Admission fee
Adults 10 €
Reduced admission (pensioners and students) 8 €
Children under 18 years 0 €